- June 4, 2015
- Posted by: @uneslimited
- Categories: Partnership Management, Products and Services
The University of Nairobi Eye Centre (Uni-Eye) has been established by the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Nairobi which is the premier teaching institution of eye care in Kenya.
Uni-Eye is designed to be a one-stop comprehensive eye care treatment facility which accessible, acceptable and affordable to patients of all walks of life.
To be a leading centre of excellence in the provision of quality eye care
To provide comprehensive, high quality eye care services at a competitive rate
- OUR CORE VALUES
- Competence and Professionalism: We shall perform our duties with the highest level of competence and professionalism.
- Integrity: We shall uphold the virtues of integrity, truth and honesty.
- Ethical Standards: We shall maintain high ethical standards
Uni-Eye is equipped with some state-of-the-art machines. It is run professionally by highly qualified ophthalmologists with sub-specialty training in various areas of eye care. Some of the services offered include:
- Cornea and Anterior segment: This includes cataract surgery, removal of ocular surface growths, Pterygium surgery with autograft, Aminiotic membrane grafting, cornea grafts among others.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology: This includes Squint/ Orthoptic assessment, Squint surgery, Refraction among others
- Orbit and Oculoplasty: Includes lid defect surgery, Periocular cosmetic surgery, prosthesis fitting
- Glaucoma: Includes Glaucoma assessment and treatment. Trabeculectomy/Trabeculotomy, Ahmed valve implantation, Cryophotocoagulation (CPC), laser trabeculoplasty, Laser peripheral Iridotomy among others
- Retina: Includes post segment assessment and treatment using intravitreal injections, Retinal Laser among others
- Investigations: Include visual acuity tests, visual field assessment, colour vision test, stereopsis tests, biometry, A and B-scan ultrasound, Fluoresceine angiography, topography.
NB: Further details regarding the tests and services offered can be obtained from the reception desk.
WE COMMIT TO:
• Provide exceptional, comprehensive and highest eye care to our patients in a professional, caring and comfortable environment.
• Treat each patient with dignity, respect, kindness, empathy, understanding, honesty and professionalism.
• Value our patients and provide a service that will meet our needs.
• Maintain highly qualified, motivated personnel who have initiative and concern for patients.
• Maintain highest ethical, personal and professional standards.
• Display openness and honesty in everything we do
Why choose us?
Professional Service: The University of Nairobi Eye Centre (Uni-Eye) is a professional, flexible, skilled and customer centric provider of general and specialized eye care services.
Strategic location: We are within the reach of the city in Upper-Hill area, opposite Nairobi Hospital located within The University of Nairobi, School of Dental Sciences’ compound.
Experienced and well trained staff: No detail will be over-looked as we seek to offer our patients incomparable and affordable eye care services.