Advertised on: September, 1 2017 Dead line: September 15, 2017
1. Pastry Cook: UNES/HSP/ARZ/PC/9/2017
Contract Duration: Three Years
Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Diploma in Food Production or Hotel Management from a recognised institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience as a Kitchen Supervisor or equivalent in a busy 3 to 4 star restaurant
- Ability to guide and supervise staff
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability
- Ability to generate daily kitchen reports
- Other certificates relevant to the job e. kitchen supervision will be an added advantage Computer literate
- KCSE Certificate
- Innovative and quality conscious
- Good food presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure & long hours
- Working with the Kitchen Supervisor to plan pastry menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special customer needs.
- Preparation and production of high quality pastry, cake, bread and exotic desserts
- Provision of efficient service of pastry orders and as per specifications
- Preparing of pastry products in adherence to standard recipes
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and safety at work.
- To account for all production resources provided by the Kitchen Supervisor and issued from the stores
- Proper handling and use of kitchen pastry equipment as provided for by the Head cook and the Manufacturer.
- Provision of world class customer service to the customers.
- Any other duty assigned by the Head cook.
2. Barista: UNES/HSP/ARZ/BRT/9/2017 –TWO POSITIONS
Contract Duration: One Year
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Taking customer orders, brewing and service of a wide selection of coffee drinks and other hot beverages
- Provision of satisfactory customer relations
- Up-sell the various types of coffee, tea, beverage recipes and other restaurant products
- Promoting coffee and other beverages provided by the restaurant
- Prompt requisitioning and accountability of beverage stocks issues and sales
- Maintaining high hygienic and safety standards within the restaurant
- Proper handling and maintenance of coffee operating equipment
- Advising management through your immediate supervisor on enhancement of the business and new innovations
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Must have undergone a barista training program. Training in making espresso drinks and late art is a mandatory requirement
- Certificate in food and beverage sales and service
- Two (2) years’ experience as a barista in an upscale coffee shop or restaurant
- Ability to provide accurate measurement and mixing of ingredients to produce consistent quality of beverages
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in the preparation of different types of drinks (hot and cold) as per clients order
- Computer literate
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed-Mandatory.
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the position in the Email.
All applications to reach the undersigned strictly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 15 September, 2017. Hard copies will not be accepted
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY