The Kitchen Supervisor shall report to the Manager – Hospitality
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide Assistance to Food & Beverage (F&B) Management in all Menu preparations, Kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory control for F&B.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained in the restaurant
- Implementation of quality management systems procedures and file all records and documents.
- High quality food production that meet stringent standards and consistently maintained
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained
- To ensure that stocks used for production are accurately accounted for.
- Work closely with the Supervisors to plan menus that would attract and retain customers
- To ensure efficient service delivery is maintained in the kitchen
- To ensure food variety is provided and it meets every customer’s expectation and specification.
- To ensure that kitchen equipment and crockery is properly maintained.
- To plan, direct and supervise the activities of all kitchen staff
- To develop and demonstrate proper use of standard recipes
- Analyzing cost margins and control costs of production
- Identify training needs of cooks and other kitchen staff
- Ensure world – class customer service is provided
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
- Diploma in Food Production or Hotel Management from a recognized institution
- Minimum three (3) years work experience as a Kitchen Supervisor or equivalent in a busy 3 to 4 star restaurant
- Ability to guide and supervise staff
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability
- Ability to generate daily kitchen reports
- Other certificates relevant to the job i.e. kitchen supervision will be an added advantage Computer literate
- KCSE Certificate
- Innovative and quality conscious
- Good food presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure & long hours
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why they want to be considered for the position applied, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here)
- Indicate the Job Reference Number on the Envelope.
All applications must indicate the name and code of the position and should reach the undersigned on or before July 8, 2017 strictly via the following email email@example.com.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
N/B: UNES does not require any payment to process your application.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MEETING THE INDICATED CRITERIA ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY