Advertised on: September 27, 2017 Dead line: October 10, 2017
1. PROJECTS OFFICER (CONSULTANCY UNIT): UNES /CONSULTANCY /PJO /09 / 2017
Contract Duration: One Year
Reporting to the Consultancy Manager, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Purchasing, Preparation and submission of bids and provide reports on the same
- Maintain record of all the projects and ensure compliance to the respective terms and deliverables.
- Identification, preparation and submission of Expression of Interest, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations, Bids and Concept Papers.
- Coordination of the implementation of Consultancy Assignments
- Liaising with Project Stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Servicing Project meetings and workshops and preparing project reports
- Coordinate trainings capacity building assignments by providing logistics, preparation of training materials and provide the final training reports at the end of the training
- Production of Monthly Progress Reports to Update on status of ongoing projects.
- Management of Client Relationships. Maintaining customer feedback register
- Maintain filed Records and Neat Working Space on a Regular basis
- Perform any other Duties Assigned by the Supervisor
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Management or equivalent
- At least Three years hands on experience in consultancy assignments
- Proven track record of proposal writing/research
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess good analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Be highly computer literate
- Qualification in M&E will be an added advantage
2. PROJECT DRIVER (USAID HEALTH-IT PROJECT): UNES/HLIT/PJD/09/2017
Contract Duration: Two Years
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities
- Delivery of correspondences within the CBD
- Mail delivery and collection from UNES and University Offices and Offices within Nairobi Central Business (CBD)
- Driving project staff to various destinations
- Maintain cleanliness of motor vehicle.
- Maintaining the fuel records
- Ensuring that the vehicle/ motor cycle is always in a serviced condition
- Running office errands
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- At least KCSE grade D+ aggregate
- Possess a clean valid driving and motor cycling licenses
- At least 3 years satisfactory vehicle and motor-cycling experience after obtaining license
- A certificate of good conduct.
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Possess basic vehicle maintenance skills.
- At least 3 years accident free -driving experience.
3. SALES EXECUTIVE (HOSPITALITY UNIT): UNES/HOSP/SE/09/2017
Contract Duration: Six Months
Reporting to the Manager Hospitality Services, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities;
- To develop and implement a sales action plan to increase revenue
- To develop and grow unit’s target customer base mainly for conference/ outside catering
- To promote the units products and services
- Prospecting and conducting daily sales calls to acquire new business
- Develop professional long term business relationships with clients for repeat business
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales in a busy hotel and restaurant
- Proven track record of growing targeted customer portfolio and sales
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Confident, approachable and hospitable personality
- KCSE C
4. LEAD SYSTEM DEVELOPER (USAID HEALTH-IT PROJECT): UNES /HLIT /09 /17 (ONE POSITION) – RE ADVERTISEMENT
Contract Duration: 2 Years
The incumbent shall report to the Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Services
The Lead System Developer shall work closely with project stakeholders, other developers, quality assurance specialist and business analysts to design, develop, and maintain the HIS systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities shall be as follows:
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test HIS systems
- Enhance existing HIS systems by analyzing business requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain the existing HIS assigned to you and by identifying and correcting software defects.
- Facilitate and contribute to HIS systems integration.
- Collaborate and share ideas with the developer team members.
- Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new Technologies
- Conduct systematic HIS system testing and document these.
- Engage users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature Requests
- Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the products for our customers.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the Project
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain both user and technical documentation for Systems
- Facilitate capacity Building
- Be willing to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced Environment
- Review the technical development and maintenance work in terms of output, planning and budgeting in liaison with the DCOP – Technical
- Set Targets, mentor, monitor and evaluate the performance of software Developers
- Identify skill gaps within the team of developers and recommend the appropriate actions to the Management
- Undertake additional task that will be allocated the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering or Related specialization
- A least 3 years’ experience in enterprise Software Development.
- Extensive experience with Java and Python programming languages coupled with practical experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Demonstrable proficiency in modern software development Frameworks or methodologies such as RAD, JAD, and DSDM
- Experience in the Kenya Health Sector with expert knowledge in DHIS2 and related systems will be an added advantage
- Good team Leader
- Ability to train the users on the developed systems
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before October 10, 2017 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies shall not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY